1 small kabocha
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup sake
1/4 cup dashi
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
Vegetables (we used carrots, onion, and green beans)
Rib eye steak or prime rib
Harusame (glass) noodles (optional)
Optional: Boil harusame noodles until soft (around 3 minutes). Strain and rinse with cold water, then set aside for later.
2. Cut green beans and onions into small pieces. Peel carrots and cut into slices.
3. Thinly slice the steak (we used rib eye steak).
6. Once the vegetables have softened slightly, add the steak to the pot. Cook until the meat has browned.
8. Mix thoroughly and add harusame noodles if desired.
9. Serve hot with rice and enjoy! I sometimes like to sprinkle roasted sesame seeds on top. Itadakimasu (let's eat)!